Image by quite peculiar
Angel watching over a daughter of Jefferson Davis in Hollywood Cemetery.
Hollywood Cemetery is a large, sprawling cemetery in Richmond, Virginia, characterized by rolling hills and winding paths overlooking the James River. Opened in 1849, Hollywood Cemetery is the resting place for two U.S. Presidents as well as the only President of the Confederacy. The name "Hollywood" comes from the holly trees dotting the hills of the cemetery, and has nothing to do with the neighborhood in Los Angeles.
The cemetery was constructed on land known as "Harvie’s Woods" that was once owned by William Byrd II. In 1869 a ninety-foot-high granite pyramid was built as a memorial to the more than 18,000 enlisted men of the Confederate Army who died in the American Civil War. Many Union soldiers are also interred here.
Hollywood Cemetery is one of Richmond’s major tourist attractions. There are many local legends surrounding certain tombs and grave sites in the cemetery, including one about a little girl and the black iron statue of a dog standing watch over her grave (a picture can be found here). Other notable legends rely on ghosts haunting the many mausoleums. A place rich in history, legend, and gothic landscape, Hollywood Cemetery is also frequented by many of the local art students attending Virginia Commonwealth University.